Understanding diseases present within the community allows public health nurses to prioritize health promotion and disease prevention strategies.
Analyze infectious diseases by:
- Defining epidemiology, outbreak, incidence, and prevalence
- Evaluating the role of nursing within epidemiology
- Evaluating current infectious diseases locally, statewide, and nationally
- Associating three of the most current infectious diseases with Healthy People 2020 objectives
- Analyzing evidence-based practices aimed at reducing infectious diseases